Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reading Notes: The Mahabharata (B)


  • I think it'd be a good story line of what would happen if Bhima didn't defeat the rakshasa or if he didn't marry the sister and have the baby boy.
  • Or what if the boy was beautiful like Bhima instead of monsterous looking like he was. Would Bhima have then demanded he and the wife not leave him? 
            (Ghatotkacha: Bhima's son)

  • It'd be cool to give Kunti powers like Bhima. She is such a good character I'd like to see them join forces and do good together.
  • The story of Draupadi's previous life as Nalayni is very interesting to me. When the god told her that she'd get five husbands and that she was basically a prostitute, I wonder if it was to punish her or if he was simply just granting her wishes?
  • I wonder what Queen Kunti thought of her 5 sons all being married to the same woman?
  • I'm surprised that Vidura didn't kill prince duryodhana back when he realized that the prince had planned to burn all the pandava's and their mother alive.
  • I don't like how Draupadi is not given a voice. I'd like to hear a story where she voices her opinion and is more in command.
  • The water nymps should have given Arjuna some kind of gift for returning them all to their natural form
  • So Arjuna got married to another woman while in exile and had 4 kids with different women...seems pretty scandalous to me...
  • Palace of Illusions seems like a good read!
Bibliography: PDE Mahabharata

No comments:

Post a Comment