Thursday, February 16, 2017

Story Planning: Who killed Bhimy?

I was taking my nightly walk through the woods next to the Ganges river. The river has this weird sense of calming for me. I think it's because when I was younger my family built their house next to a river. I always fell asleep so easily to the crashing of the water on the rocks on the bank.

                                                                           
                                                                    (Ganges River)

Usually when I take this walk I get the same feeling as if I were meditating- everything becomes still, all noise blocked out, all that I am focused on is my breathing. Tonight though something was different. Things felt unbalanced, disturbed, like an accident had happened.

As I continue my walk I consider just turning around and going home, because it was stressing me out more than it's usual calming. At that moment I saw something in the river that didn't look normal. IT WAS A PERSON! I quickly jumped in to rescue the person, hoping they were still alive. When I jumped in to help I instantly was in pain. I had jumped into a feast of the snakes of the Ganges river, nagas. They were attacking this person like they had not eaten in days. I had to draw them off of him somehow. I decide to distract them by swimming away because I'm sure they'd love more of a fight. I am successful in doing this, a little too successful. Just as I start fading out someone pulls me out of the water.

The person in the river was Bhimy, one of the Kings daughters!

~~~  ~~~  ~~~~
From here I want to go into detail between myself and Bhimy trying to figure out who would've tried to kill her, why she's still alive, and what to do about it.

I played off of the story of Bhima getting thrown into the ganges river by Duryodhana

Bibliography: PDE Mahabharata




2 comments:

  1. Mariah, from this it seems as if you have a good start to a pretty detailed story this week. It seems like you have a good idea about where you want to take the story so that is good! I think this could be a very suspenseful story if you do it right! It sounds like that is something you are planning on doing anyway so I can’t wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be a great story! I like that you wrote your story plan as if you were the main character in the story you are going to write. Maybe you can even use this part of your story plan as an intro when you write it later!! It was really creative to add all of the elements you did!

    ReplyDelete