Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Reading Notes: Sita Daughter of Earth (A)


  • It's very interesting that in this story Sita had the power to move the bow that no mortal could. What if she picked it up and then couldn't marry because men were scared of her strength?
  • How awesome that Sita was inspired by Sati!
  • I'd like to write a story where Sita gets to talk to all of the women that inspired her!
  • Sita wanting to fight the rakshasas reminded me of Mulan wanting to fight. It'd be cool to do some kind of storying involving both of them.
  • I think it's sad that once the girls are married they have to move to the husbands kingdom and can't contact their family. What if the men had to stay in the woman's kingdom and help her rule it without contact to their families? I wonder how the men would've handled that?
  • I wonder if there is an interesting way to not let Ma Kaikeyi's boons?
(Sita, from the graphic novel)

I love this photo of Sita because it portrays just how powerful she is.

Bibliography: Sita Daughter of the Earth by Saraswati Nagpal, Reserve at the Bizzell

No comments:

Post a Comment