Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflection



My reading notes have truly helped me every week write my stories. I never knew about the "reading like a writer" method until this class, but I've found it to be extremely helpful in story writing. I've enjoyed the stories I've read so far. While the stories have been a new and different topic for me, it has been a fun experience. I am struggling though to find a good time to do my readings, so that is something I need to work on. Moving forward I think I want to read various topics including stories that focus on women, children literature, and graphic novels.

I am proud of the stories I've written so far. I previously found out that I really do not enjoy technical writing so it's been surprising seeing how much I enjoy this kind of writing! If I ever come to a block in my stories I go back to my reading notes. If they don't help me I go back and reread parts of the stories. I don't have much in my portfolio yet, but I am glad this is the option I chose. I think I just need to work more on giving my stories a solid ending.

In the next two months I hope to make my stories more creative. I have read some of my peers stories that I've lost myself in because they were so intriguing. I hope to develop writing that makes my readers feel like that. I haven't paid much attention to the comments people have left me. I think if I start taking those comments into consideration more than I have they'll help me out a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Mariah, I could really relate to the areas that you capitalized on in your post. I think that everyone in the course has struggles whether it's changing your schedule, finding time to read the stories, or finishing the week's storytelling page. I have the same feeling you get when reading others' stories. I'm so impressed and find myself look back at my work with a feeling of mediocrity. The comments have been really helpful, especially if they align with comments that have been previously left. I noticed that there seemed to be a pattern about the areas that I needed to improve on. I used the constructive criticism to alter the content of my story.

    ReplyDelete