Friday, April 14, 2017

Learning Challenge: Health and Happiness


Gratitude, the mother of all virtues. How amazing are the side effects of being grateful! Noting how grateful you are everyday can actually improve your happiness by 5% after just one month. Health wise it actually increased heart health! I have a journal that I write my daily tasks in and I am definitely going to start writing things I'm grateful for each day as well! Be grateful guys :)

(youtube: gratitude)

Another thing to think about it your level of stress. I personally can say that on a usual day I'm around 70% stressed. It's true students get so overcommitted with life without trying. There's family commitments, school, work, paying your bills for the first time, etc. I had never thought of the effects that kind of stress could have on me. Some people deal with so much of this stress it leads to depression and anxiety. 

Being aware and trying different methods to reduce your stress can really change things. One tip I found helpful is to go get some fresh air, exercise, and keep a list of things you are grateful for! Here's a fun video with more tips too!


(youtube: stress management)


Bibliography: Stress Management

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mariah,
    I can definitely say that having the characteristic of being gracious of what you have really can change one's perspective. No matter what hardships we face, we should always remember all of the good things in our life. And yes, stress, I can agree that I am constantly stressed out. However, going to the gym is my way of relieving it. It's a time for me to focus on myself, and let all of the stress melt away. Everyone definitely deals with their stress differently, and I like how you remind yourself of the things you are grateful for in a time of stress.

    ReplyDelete