Thursday, April 13, 2017

Story Planning: The Green Eyed Monster



I want to write a story about greed as a person. I’d like to have greed be the narrator maybe and talk about some of the instances where he has overtaken people such as the king in the sabala story. I want to include other stories we’ve read this semester as well. I think since it is all about greed when a person gets consumed with greed have their eyes turn green. I want to research through all the stories I have read so far and find the instances where greed consumed a character. I then need to really analyze those characters and find out everything they gave up. In the end I want to have Sarabha break Greed’s winning streak of overpowering people till they eventually end or waste their lives.

Styles:

Here in Oklahoma- This would be fun but I am afraid I’d change too much of the stories I am planning on retelling that my peers from class wouldn’t recognize them. However, it would be a very relatable story since everyone is so familiar with campus.

Stories for children- This would be fun to do since I got the idea of writing this story while reading a children’s book. At the same time though my readers are college students so I don’t know how much they’d be interested in that.

Courtroom Trial- I think this would be a really great setting for my story. Mainly because I am reviewing all the instances where Greed was responsible for someone’s death or loss of everything. Maybe the characters that died I could have their ghosts come back and speak as witnesses against Greed. I could even have one of my old characters, Detective Meena, come back to prove Greed is guilty.

Character sketch:

Greed: boastful, arrogant

Sarabha: wise, beautiful, strong

Pictures:

I want to find photos that really show the characters filled with greed. I think that would make the photo of Sarabha helping the king even more powerful.



Bibliography: My reading notes and The Sarabha

1 comment:

  1. You know, you always hear of jealousy/greed described as green-eyed, but I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen a story where the character’s eyes turn green when s/he’s overcome with that emotion. I like the way that almost portrays it as a form of possession, which it kind of is. Also, the range of different options you’ve got for the storytelling styles is really interesting. The courtroom option sounds like it would be the perfect format for this class, but the children’s story idea sounds really cool too, if trickier to pull off. Good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete