Sunday, April 30, 2017

Portfolio Guide

For my project this semester in Epics of India I am making a portfolio of some of my favorite stories! The theme for my portfolio is strong women in the classic Indian tales. Get ready for some fun reads!

First let's think about a different way Sita's swayamvara could have gone in my story There's always someone bigger and better.

Now what if Bhima was a girl and she fought back when Duryodhana tried to kill her?

Or what if Sita stood up to her father when he said she couldn't fight rakshasas? What would happen? Whose life could she positively impact? Find out in my story Sita inspires Mulan

Last but not least! Can you imagine living without the love of your life, because he magically lost his memory? Yeah, Sakuntala couldn't either! Read about what she did here: Sakuntala


I hope that my Portfolio can inspire women and inspire men to empower the women in their lives. I think way to often being female people sometimes view us as less of a person, when that's not the case at all. My stories show instances where women took charge of what happened to them and their lives and I think they are better off for it. I hope we all try to be strong and courageous like these Indian ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment