Monday, April 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Jagannatha of Puri (A)



  • It's interesting to me that people strive to make a lot of money and then you read stories about how once they achieved that they still weren't happy. 
  • Maybe I could do a prequel to this story about the King's life before he was a wealthy king.
  • I could do a more modern version of this story where everyone is used to relying on technology and then take it away somehow to see how well they do without it?
  • What happened to the rest of the men that were with Vidyapati? I could do a story from their point of view?
  • It's interesting to me in these tales that people were just open to taking in strangers. I could do a story where someone lets in a bad guy, but the gods protect everyone from getting hurt.
  • How long was Vidyapati gone? Did no one think he died?
  • I would like to do a story through the eyes of the Kings's wife. I could show her thoughts of her husband and his desires for this hill that he dreamt of.
  • I love that the hill hid itself for the men.



Bibliography: Jagannatha of Puri by Gayatri Madan Dutt from the bizzel library
                       Call number: PN 6790 .1443 A437 V.709

No comments:

Post a Comment