Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Reading Notes: Twenty Jataka Tales (B)



  • I like the sounds used in The Two Pigs, tic-a-tac, crack, crack! I'd like to do something like that in my stories.
  • What if the pigs were found by the king instead of the little old woman? would their lives have been the same?
  • What if the two men and the mother fell asleep after drinking and then the house caught on fire. It be neat to see the pigs somehow save them!
  • The patient buffalo would be a good story to tie in with another story to teach a character about patience.
  • It seems that greed has played a role in a lot of stories I have read this semester. I like how in the end of Sarabha the King was saved from his crazy greed before it killed him. Maybe I could write a story that ties this in with the story of the king and sabala the magic cow?

  • What if I could write a story through the eyes of the goblin women and talk of all the men they've captured?
  • I wonder if there is a good way to end The Great Elephant without him dying?
  • Maybe the quail could make a trap for the villager and ask him to stop hunting them?
  • Size doesn't always matter! 

  • What if I tied in the forest fire story with the end of the world? After the hare had cried wolf it'd be interesting to see how everyone reacts to him when there actually is a problem.
  • Maybe I could mix the noble horse story in with the Pandavas and the Kauravas story?



Bibliography: Twenty Jataka Tales by Noor Inayat, 1939




No comments:

Post a Comment