Monday, January 9, 2017

Hands Down Favorite Place- Florence, Italy

Florence, Italy

I studied abroad in Italy almost 3 years ago (I feel so old saying that) and I still find myself dreaming of it and its absolutely breathtaking views. One of which being the view of the Florence skyline shown below.
                                                       
Steve Hersey: Florence

I think one of the reasons I loved it so much was that my older brother was my tour guide. He had been living there for a year working on his Masters degree, so when I got there he knew every inch of the city and the history behind it all. If you ever get a chance to go to Italy I definitely recommend Florence, because around every corner there will be something that you will completely fall in love with. During my trip we got to see around a dozen cities and none of them left more of an impression than this one. 

3 comments:

  1. I am in total agreement about Florence, Mariah! It is absolutely beautiful! I went to school for a while in Siena, but Florence was my favorite place to spend time. And listen, perhaps you would enjoy this fun book full of folktales and legends from Florence: you will recognize many of the places that it mentions! :-)
    Legends of Florence by Charles Godfrey Leland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Sienna had great scenery but something about Florence I just fell in love with. Thank you so much for the book!!

      Delete
  2. Mariah, I was so excited when I saw that your favorite place is Florence! I fell in love with Florence when I visited as a freshman in high school. I spent a week with my family essentially eating everything in sight. It is truly a magical place that really descriptions do not do justice. You have to go, see and experience Florence to truly understand how easy it is to fall in love with this city.

    ReplyDelete