Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Reading Notes of Ramayana Part A



I like how vividly they describe the city of Ayodhya

I think it’s interesting that all of dasharatha’s wives “faces brightened” when they found out he wanted to have children. Did they not know this? Did they all want to have his children?

I thought Vishnu said he was rama but then later says he has divided himself up as four sons of dasharatha’s?

How did vishvamitra know that rama was the most powerful son?

That’s so cool that his swords had spirits that could talk to Rama. I wonder if his brother was upset that he didn’t get cool weapons like that?

I don’t know why Ahalya was cursed by Gautama she didn’t know what she was doing was wrong

The Ahalya version of writing was easier to read than the others for me.

How did Rama know that Sita was an avatar of a god?

I could do something where Sita doesn't leave the garden but tells her maids to leave her. She could convince her father to do this competition of breaking the bow, but before they declare Rama as the winner Parashurama could come in and win Sita for himself.


                                                             (Rama fighting Demons)

Bibliography: PDE Epics, Ramayana link

No comments:

Post a Comment