Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reading Notes: Ramayana Part B

I thought it was interesting that Bharata was upset with his mother. I guess I just expected him to be corrupt/greedy like most people are and be excited that he was to be the new king instead of Rama. This could be a possible story line.

It's sad that Bharata performed the father's funeral without Rama and Lakshama, I bet they were mad when they found out.

It is really crazy to me that Bharata acted like the sandals were Rama even presenting gifts to them. Maybe I could make a story were Bharata thinks the sandals are alive and he has conversations with them as if they were Rama.

I don't really like the Prose writing method like Anasuya is written in.

From the Viradha story I could write something about how Rama was supposed to deal with him in a kind manner and since he turned to violence Viradha would cast a curse on him were in situations he needed kindness he received pain.

I wonder why Rama told Shurpanakha to go after Lakshmana when he has a wife back at home?

Lakshama could have told Rama that the deer was a trick by a rakshasas...

A good story idea would be where Rama catches Maricha and Lakshmana and Sita go together to find Rama. Before he kills Maricha Rama could ask him to grant him the power to take any shape. The 3 then could make a plan to go take down Ravana.

It’s weird to me that in all of these stories people aren’t afraid of dying. In fact most of them are happy in the end because they have turned to their true form or were released from a curse. It’d be neat to learn more about their beliefs of dying and the afterlife.
Here are some images that stood out to me while reading:


                                                                       (Kabandha) 





Bibliography: PDE Ramayana

1 comment:

  1. I know, how weird was that? I was pleasantly surprised by the loyalty of Bharata. I caught myself liking him. I thought the sandals, though a great gesture, were a touch too much. It made me think that his loyalty was going over into the realm of eccentric or maybe even a bit crazy. Otherwise it shows him to be rash and perhaps the unworthy leader that he thinks himself to be, compared to his brother.

    It made me think about this condition that I have heard to be common among many of us, especially new graduates. The condition is know as imposter syndrome. So named because many of us reach the end of our training and are placed in these positions of authority, or expected to know the answers, but we know that we don't, at least not yet. Some people, in this state begin to believe that they are imposters, or unworthy of this position. I remember experiencing that feeling when I became a licensed Journey Electrician. The feeling passes as we approach the expert level, but its an uncomfortable journey. I wonder if that is how Bharata was feeling?

    ReplyDelete